November 15, 2008

Busy day of baking

Today I made refried beans in the crockpot that had to cook all day but turned out GREAT! I doubled the ingredients but not the water and it worked great. I also made homemade pancake syrup. It's so easy and cheap, I don't know why I never thought to make it sooner. I guess I just thought for some dumb reason that the stuff in the stores had real maple syrup in it and I couldn't make it. Also, when you look at the labels of some things in the grocery store you don't think you could ever make it because it's so full of things that you know nothing about. Funny how I can make it with sugar, brown sugar, water, and vanilla. Easy as pie :o) I suppose all of the chemicals make it so they can leave it on a shelf for 10 years, lol.
I also made some homemade playdoh, (without coloring) which the kids love because it's SO soft and fun. And then I made another double batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. I was going to make Amish Friendship bread but I ran out of time. Maybe tomorrow. I might put up my Christmas tree tomorrow though because I need to get all the presents wrapped before the kids see them in our room. I love Recipezaar because they have lots of reviews so I never make anything and not like it. Plus you can adjust the serving size and it will recalculate all of the ingredients for you. That's great for me because I'm always being distracted and need to keep it simple. One trick that I haven't used yet, but might, is to put the recipe in a plastic binder sleeve and then you can check things off with a dry erase marker as you go :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment