May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today we walked in the race for the cure at the Mall of America again! I think we've done it 6 years now! There were about 50,000 people there this year! It's such a fun day but it really makes me realize how out of shape I am. I can handle the cardio part of it, it's just that my hips get SO sore. I really need to get out and walk more.
This is the beginning of the race as we walk under the freeways, and into the tunnel:

This is the view from the other side of the tunnel:All along the way there are people along the road that are cheering us on and entertaining us. This was a group of high school kids playing percussion. There are SO many cute banners and outfits along the way :o)
My Mom and Mother in Law. This is my Mom's 6th year cancer free! Go MOM!
My 2 Aunts and 2 Cousins that drove down to walk with us all. They also came down last year to celebrate my Mom reaching her 5 year milestone. Thanks for coming guys!!!!!My Mom and her BFF Jill:Here we all are :o) The FINISH LINE :O) We made it!
After the race they have a group picture with many of the survivors. It's a very emotional thing to view. All of these ladies, and some men too, that have beaten breast cancer. You know when you see someone in a pink shirt that they have fought an enormous fight.Thanks Mom, for being SO strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment