August 31, 2008

What's for dinner this week 8/25

People are always interested in what we feed this clan of ours so I'm going to try and put up a menu every week of what we eat. I'll do my best to include recipes :o) Let me know if you try them and what you think or email me if you need more instructions or have questions.


Monday: 3-5 Chicken breasts, 2 c. rice, 3 c. water, 1 c. frozen mixed veggies, 1 stick butter chopped into 6 pieces, 1 can mushroom or celery soup, and Ms. Dash to taste. Put it all in a pan, cover with tinfoil, and bake on 350 for about an hour until chicken is done. This is a family favorite.


Tuesday Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes I used the cherry tomatoes out of our garden and spiral pasta. I skipped the hot pepper flakes and parsley. I think it would've been better if it would've been left to simmer and let the flavor get into the noodles more. The tomatoes were wonderful but the noodles lacked flavor.


Wednesday Easy Beef and Noodle Skillet I used No-Yolk noodles, frozen mixed veggies, and fresh garden cherry tomatoes. I skipped the stew seasoning and used basil and oregano. Hubby and kids loved it! It's like Hamburger Helper but healthy and natural.

Thursday - leftover night.

Friday - It's a holiday weekend so we had Papa Murphy's pizza. It's not as good as my homemade but it's easier :o) The kids need a treat once and a while and Papa Murphy's is about as all natural as you can get these days. We get the thin crust cheese pizza with onions, peppers, and pineapple on parts of it. We add our own sausage.

Saturday - Kids had a camp-out with Daddy so they had hot dogs - Oscar Meyer all natural of course - , veggies, chips and homemade salsa. I had leftover pizza, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment