January 1, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions :o)

1. The first one is easy - lose 15 lbs. I lost almost 60 lbs after P was born and 5 years later I've snaked 10 back on, lol.
2. Find an at-home way to make some cash. Every little bit helps and times are tough. (if anyone has any ideas please let me know :o) I might try and start creating special needs clothes for special needs kids, but sewing is quite time consuming.
3. Be a little more laid back in my parenting. I tend to be very strict and I need to not sweat the small stuff so much. This will be tough for my majorly type A personality :o)
I read a blinkie the other day, and added it to my blog, "Be who you desire your children to become". That's SO true because my hubby and I are the sample that our kids are learning from and we need to teach them how to handle themselves and be calm and patient people.
4. Spend more time doing family things. We are always with our kids but we don't get out with them much and we need to do that more. There are some limits because of P, but I think sometimes we just need to ditch the wheelchair, toss her in a stroller, and get busy having fun :o)
5. Get organized! I'm a crap collector. I just started up my ebay account again and am cleaning out the house, one week at a time. This will also help with resolution #2 :o) Check me out: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jen4490 I'll be adding lots of kids clothes and other household things soon. I also may create my own website to sell my stuff because ebay is getting a little expensive, but we'll see.
Well, I think that's a good start! I may add more later :o)
Send me a comment with your resolutions, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions...I hope you are successful.

    We tried to talk about resolutions with tbe boys, but I think there must be a certain age where you understand those things. Mine aren't there yet. The most thoughtful thing they could come up with was "I resolve to get more toys." Um...seriously?

    My resolution, if you can call it such, was to realize that "it is what it is, do what you can." That will work in many areas of my life...as long as I can get my type A personality to stick with that!!

    ReplyDelete