August 3, 2008

It's amazing...

how you can talk to someone one day and they are gone the next. "W"s Birth Dad and Gramma had called Friday night to wish him a happy 5th birthday. After he had talked to them the Gramma had asked if she could talk to me. She asked me if I had heard anything about the boys' baby brother or if his Birth Mom was in jail because they hadn't heard from her in a few days and she'd been harassing them for weeks now via phone. I told her that I didn't know but that she should call the jail and ask them. She said she'd look into it.
Last night my brother called and said that "W"s Gramma had been in an ATV accident and was being flown to a trauma center but they didn't think she was going to make it. I talked to Cary, who is my son's Birth Dad's sister, my cousin's wife, and good friend of mine, and she said that they were on the way to the hospital and that she didn't think her Mom was going to make it.
She called me this morning and said that they had taken her off life support this morning.
It's just so unreal how you can talk and joke with someone one day and then they are gone. Just like that. I'm thankful that I took my Son to see her and his Birth Dad a few weeks ago. And also that he got to talk to her on his birthday. I'm also thankful that it didn't happen on his birthday. He has great memories of her and that will stay with him. I only wish I had taken a picture of him with her that day.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    That's too bad. I hope that you are all doing OK and taking care of yourselves...

    I gotta say though...a grandma on an ATV? She was pretty darn cool!
    Take care chica.

    ReplyDelete